Below is a list of some questions you might want to ask a DJ when you’re in the process of contracting one.
For more great vendor questions and additional wedding info feel free to check out our book…..Weddings Unfiltered: The No B.S. Guide to Wedding Planning. Now available on Amazon!
Questions to ask a DJ:
Many times DJ’s also has a photo-booth or can at least recommend one they often work with. They will also provide up-lighting for the room.
- How long have you been a wedding DJ?
- Will you have an assistant at the wedding? What happens if you’re sick?
- Can we come watch you DJ a little bit of an actual wedding, with the bride and grooms consent, of course, or see your set up before a wedding starts?
- Have you ever DJed at (insert your wedding venue here)
- What do you wear to a wedding?
- Do you do ceremonies?
- Do we get to pick the songs for the reception or do you have a set list?
- How do you encourage guests to get on the dance floor?
- What happens if your equipment malfunctions?
- Do you take requests from guests?
- Any additional costs?
- Do you also provide lighting?
- Do you have a photo-booth? What’s included? (props, photos for each guest to take home…etc)
- Do you have insurance?
- Can we see a sample contract?
- What is the cancellation policy?